Entertainment

Will Jason Miller Be the Linchpin in Trump’s New Social Platform?

Entertainment:

Jason Miller, a longtime senior adviser and spokesperson for Donald Trump, is ending his five-year run with the former president to assume a CEO position at an unnamed tech start-up company, according to multiple reports. Miller’s company, which reportedly could be used by Trump in the future, is in the development stages to create a social media platform. Since being kicked out of the White House and off of Twitter, Trump and his allies have expressed interest in the former president launching a conservative social network. Trump, who was booted off of all major social media platforms following the Capitol riot on January 6, has been banned by Facebook until at least January 2023. His Twitter account was permanently shut down

“This is something that I think will be the hottest ticket in social media,” Miller told Fox News in March while discussing Trump’s social media aspirations. “It’s going to completely redefine the game, and everybody is going to be waiting and watching to see what exactly President Trump does, but it will be his own platform.” Sources with knowledge of Miller’s start-up company have expressed that Trump has yet to make a definite decision about the social media platform, according to CNBC.

RELATED:  Expert running tips you need to read: From staying motivated to selecting the right clothes and trainers

As for Miller, he will continue working alongside Trump and his team in a part-time capacity, according to Politico’s sources. Following Joe Biden’s inauguration and Trump’s failed attempt to overturn the 2020 election, Miller has acted as his spokesperson and informed the press on Trump’s post-presidency moves and plans. The former president is now in talks with potential candidates to fill Miller’s spokesperson role, Politico added. While Trump launched a short-lived blogging vertical on his website last month, it has since been axed after lackluster traffic numbers, leaving him with no way to directly communicate with his supporters online outside of email blasts and relying on reporters to tweet out his comments.

During a speech at the North Carolina GOP convention last week, Trump claimed that he has moved on from Facebook, regardless of whether it allows him back. “They say they may allow me back in two years. I’m not too interested in that,”  Trump told the crowd. “We can’t let it happen. So unfair. They are shutting down an entire group of people. Not just me. They are shutting down the voice of a much more powerful and a much larger group.”

Ads

More Great Stories From Vanity Fair       

— The Lab-Leak Theory: Inside the Fight to Uncover COVID-19’s Origins
Ben Crump Is Thriving in Biden’s Washington
— Why It’s Not a Great Time to Be Matt Gaetz
— AOC’s Endorsement Could Change the NYC Mayor’s Race—But It May Never Come
Trump Has Been Telling People He’s Going to Be President Again
— Is Juan Williams’s Exit From The Five Thanks to a Greg Gutfeld Blood Feud?
Republicans’ Reason Not to Want to Investigate January 6: They’re to Blame
Trump’s Inner Circle Is Scrambling at the Likelihood of Criminal Charges
— From the Archive: 60 Minutes Is Going Down”

RELATED:  Is it your fault you are run ragged? How to set boundaries around your time that people will *actually* respect

— Not a subscriber? Join Vanity Fair to receive full access to VF.com and the complete online archive now.


Latest Entertainment News Today, Trending Celebrity News Gossips & Headlines
Today News Post || Breaking News || Entertainment News || Movies || Movie Review || Celeb Gossips || Tv Shows

Source

Tags
Show More

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close