The year was 1995 when Doug McClure drew his last breath in his suburban home in Sherman Oaks, California. Residing in the affluent neighbourhood in the last leg of his life, McClure left behind his wife, Diane Furnberg, and two children, Tane and Valerie. A friend of his, Dennis Morga, stated that McClure died from lung cancer, as reported by The New York Times.
In the earliest of stages, lung cancer does not cause any outward symptoms, but a diagnosis as soon as you spot any symptoms improves the chance of survival.
Lung cancer symptoms:
- Having a cough most of the time
- Having a change in a cough you have had for a long time – it may sound different or be painful when you cough
- Getting out of breath doing the things you used to do without a problem
- Coughing up phlegm (sputum) with blood in it
- Having an ache or pain in the chest or shoulder
- Chest infections that keep coming back or a chest infection that doesn’t get better
- Losing your appetite
- Feeling tired all the time (fatigue)
- Losing weight.
“Many of the signs and symptoms can also be caused by other medical conditions,” Cancer Research UK noted.
“But finding lung cancer early can mean that it’s easier to treat.”
The time you take statins can make blood levels ‘too high’ [ADVICE]Man in ‘agony’ as teeth fallout after searching for dentist [INSIGHT]Your eyes offer a ‘window’ into the years you have left [INSIGHT]
“Doctors call this your performance status,” Cancer Research UK pointed out. “People with a higher score may have a poorer outlook.”
McClure couldn’t make any more motion pictures, but he will be remembered for the work he did do in Hollywood.
Classics include Maverick (1994), Beau Gets (1966), and The Land That Time Forgot (1974).
During his acting career, he achieved the Golden Boot Award in 1983, and has a star on the Walk of Fame that still exists today.
Doug McClure stars in Shenandoah, which is airing on Film4 at 11am on Thursday, October 6.
DISCLAIMER:-If article is on fitness, health tips, beauty, tips-tricks care like recommendation, then check for DISCLAIMER in T&C.