Trust and credibility
PS5 restock tracker Matt Swider has helped 67,000 people in the US buy a next-gen console in 2021 with his tireless 24/7 tracking, in-stock Twitter alerts and exclusive restock reporting.
The Best Buy PS5 restock time is always a mystery, except if you follow our 24/7 PS5 restock Twitter tracker Matt Swider, who will send you an alert when Best Buy has the PS5 in stock – if you follow his Twitter account and turn on notifications. Today, August 6, makes it exactly two weeks since Best Buy, the largest electronics store in the US, had the Sony console available to buy. In fact, we’ve seen just about every other American retailer have PlayStation 5 consoles in the last two weeks; there was a Walmart PS5 and Xbox restock yesterday, and GameStop PS5 restock on Tuesday – and thousands of our followers get consoles. Best Buy usually has PS5 Disc for $499 and PS5 Digital for $399, which means it’s selling the PlayStation 5 for MSRP without restricting customers to higher-priced bundles.
► When? Follow our PS5 restock Twitter tracker Matt Swider and turn on notifications for instant restock news. It’s the fastest way to get PS5 stock updates.
► Never buy from other Twitter users – ever. They’re all scams. Only buy from the US stores Matt alerts you about. No one will sell a PS5 for just $550.
How to get PS5 restock alerts
How to get PS5 in-stock alerts: Click on this screenshot of a Best Buy PS5 restock alert from Matt Swider and turn on notifications (that little bell icon) for instant alerts. This is what you’ll see when there’s the PS5 is in stock.
Best Buy restock time and date
- Next Best Buy PS5 restock date: Restocks every week or every other week (and it wasn’t in stock last week)
- Last Best Buy PS5 restock date: July 23, 2021 at 11:38am EDT (two weeks ago)
- How to buy PS5 from Best Buy: Follow PS5 restock tracker Matt Swider
The Best Buy restock time is unpredictable, but the longer we wait for the date – the first restock at the US retailer in August – the more likely the Best Buy is to have a massive PS5 console restock. We’ve seen that before when it takes weeks-long breaks, and so far it’s been two weeks since Best Buy had PS5 in stock.
In fact, we’ve compiled every Best Buy PS5 restock date in 2021 into a list.
- Today is August 6, 2021 (Friday)
- 14-day gap since the last Best Buy PS5 restock (no guarantee it’s today)
- July 23, 2021 at 11:37am EDT (Friday)
- 9-day gap
- July 14, 2021 at 2:47pm EDT (Wednesday)
- 20-day gap
- June 24, 2021 at 5:05pm EDT (Tuesday)
- 21-day gap
- June 3, 2021 at 9:37am EDT (Thursday)
- 10-day gap
- May 24, 2021 at 11:49am EDT (Monday)
- 11-day gap
- May 13, 2021 at 3:40pm EDT (Thursday)
- 7-day gap
- May 6, 2021 at 3:49pm EDT (Thursday)
- 48-day gap
- March 19, 2021 at 12:32pm EDT (Friday)
- 7-day gap
- March 12, 2021 at 3:33pm EDT (Friday)
- 7-day gap
- March 5, 2021 at 11:50am EDT (Friday)
- 7-day gap
- February 26, 2021 at 12:13pm EDT (Friday)
- 7-day gap
- February 19, 2021 at 11:28am EDT (Friday)
- 29-day gap
- January 21, 2021 at 12:40pm EDT (Thursday)
- 14-day gap
- January 7, 2021 at 4pm EDT (Thursday)
Best Buy didn’t restock the PS5 at all last week and we’ve seen no evidence that there will be a restock this week. That just means TechRadar is working overtime to track the console. There’s finally good news from our sources at the electronics retailer, indicating that Best Buy may have a restock in the coming days. We’re not going to put a date on this scoop because we just don’t know – our Best Buy sources are in charge of PS5 inventory, not putting the add-to-cart button live.
Based on our news reporting, we know Best Buy has previously offered online-only purchases of the PS5 Disc and PS5 Digital Edition, though there’s always been more inventory of the PlayStation 5 Disc version of the console. Choose wisely.
The restock pattern for Best Buy is tough to nail down: the store adds new PS5 stock every single day of the week in 2021. But it favors Thursday and Friday restock dates (in fact we’ve been sold that the rare Monday restocks happen only when stores don’t get shipments in time to hold a restock later in the week).
Best Buy PS5 buying guide
Best Buy is more complicated than other retailers in the US, and that has made it a lot harder to check out from the online interface that PS5 retailers like Amazon and Costco, for example. Here’s the best advice from our PS5 restock experts.
- Go to the Best Buy PS5 link we provide from our Twitter tracker
- Click the yellow add-to-cart button (it”ll turn gray almost instantly)
- The Best Buy page will say there’s one more step at the top of the page. This is vague, but we’ve discovered that the ‘one more step’ is to simply wait until the gray button turns yellow again. This is where most people get stuck, as it’s a randomized queue.
- If or when the button is yellow again, click add-to-cart again and proceed to checkout
- If the PS5 console becomes unavailable in this short amount of time, try other Best Buy stores. It’s an online order that must be picked up in stores (Best Buy won’t ship next-gen consoles).
- If you can’t check out within 250 miles of your location, know that Best Buy adds PS5 console inventory in waves. This means you should keep trying because when the next wave comes, you should be first in line because you’re hammering away at that checkout button.
Best Buy PS5 consoles remain hardest to get
Some people have an easy time with Best Buy when attempting to buy a PS5, getting the console in one attempt. And other customers we’ve interviewed have told us it’s impossible in their area. This may be due to the fact that bots are scooping up the Sony PlayStation 5 consoles before real people can get it.
Best Buy and Walmart remain prone to this, among the top retailers in the US, with Amazon also falling victim to bots. Since Best Buy requires consoles to be picked up in stores, it may be that resellers controlling the software-controlled bots are taking all of the consoles.
Again, while Best Buy has PS5 for sale online only, it requires the console to be picked up in person. So if you’re particular location is being emptied out by resellers, this may explain why you have a harder time with Best Buy while someone in another location can checkout in one attempt.