Jason Miller, a former Trump campaign strategist and post-White House spokesman for the 45th president, is stepping back from that role to take over as the CEO of a tech start-up, a source familiar with his plans told The Post late Thursday.
According to the source, while Miller is leaving his full-time day-to-day role as Trump’s spokesman, he would remain firmly within the former president’s orbit as Trump continues to weigh a bid to return to the White House in 2024.
Miller’s departure date and the name of the company he would be taking over were not immediately known. However, the source indicated the company Miller would run owns a social media platform that is under consideration for use by Trump.
The former president was banned from Twitter and suspended from Facebook following the deadly Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol. Facebook announced last week that the earliest time Trump’s suspension would be lifted was January 2023.
Trump briefly experimented with a blog-style platform called “From the Desk of Donald J. Trump,” which enabled him to make posts that could be shared on Facebook and Twitter by others, but that was shut down earlier this month.
In March, Trump and former first lady Melania Trump launched their official website, 45office.com, to “allow individuals to submit correspondence, scheduling requests, and press inquiries.”
It was unclear who would be taking Miller’s place as Trump’s spokesman, but the source said the former president was already interviewing potential candidates.